Saturday, February 21, 2009

First Kit Ever!

We were suppose to go and see Grandma and Grandpa today, but mother nature decided to send a snow storm. I'm disappointed we didn't get a chance to go, but oh how I'm enjoying a day at home with nothing scheduled. I LOVE these kind of days and crave them!!

Ron watched Matthew while I participated in the LOM chat this morning. That was terrific, but a bit too busy with that many people online. I don't think I'll do that again. I'll read the transcript afterwards and post my questions on the forum.

Being home today I've been cleaning up all my file structures online. That has been tedious and makes my eyes go cross! I know it's not necessary, but it makes me feel better. I also ordered 2 more of the storage binders from Costco.

Guess what arrived in the mail today????? My first ever "Kit of the Month"! I really liked Cocoa Daisy and Studio Calico. Unfortunately the most recent kit was sold out from SC, but not CD! I loved it! I was so excited. There are so many different things I wouldn't normally buy at the store. I figure this will be a good way for me to try new things and see what I like. I did my first layout today using everything from the kit, plus a journaling stamp...not sure who made that. Obviously I need to get better remembering manufacturers!


I also posted a question on the LOM forum regarding scanned layouts. Someone recommended a video tutorial on Jessica Sprague's website. It worked great!!! So much better than taking photographs of my 12x12 layouts. I do notice the right edge is missing a bit, but overall I'm very pleased with my first attempt!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I'm a newer scrapbooker. I don't even have one album completed. Hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm playing catch up on everyone's blogs over at the LOM class. I love the look of your blog and you're off to a wonderful start!

    I'm still sorting away on my printed photos, and waiting for my first shipment of binders, so what better way to while away the time than catch up on the message boards and such. ;) (Housework can wait, RIGHT?!)

    LOVE your layout, by the way! Great colors and beautiful photos! I can't help you out on the "scanning" layouts. I've never tried that as of yet . . . but it looks liks you've got it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute layout! I'm with you on the LOM chats...it's a little too much for me to keep up in "real time."

    ReplyDelete