Monday, March 2, 2009

Life After Returning to Work

As I might have mentioned I went back to work on January 5th full time. That in itself has been a challenge dealing with the mom guilt almost every day. I getting through it and learning more and more about myself. I keep reminding myself we get to choose our attitudes and that is half the battle. In the mean time what I've found myself doing is remaining in the house the entire week-end. I mean not even leaving it for the mail or anything. I told Ron last week-end I didn't have a problem, but I was aware that this was probably not the healthiest thing for me to do. The guilt was driving me to only stay home with my two boys (Ron and Matthew!) and do nothing else. I'm the first person to tell people to have "me" time in relationships and to have "couple" time and here I've pushed not just one of them to the curb, but both of them. Not healthy!! So I was invited to a crop this past week-end and I decided I should just go and push the what am I thinking thoughts out of my head. Matthew will still love me when I come home.... I met two girlfriends up there at 3pm and stayed until 10pm. It was terrific!!! It felt so good. I obviously need to be aware of my hermit like qualities and keep them in check. I met a couple other girls who actually attend the same church as we do. It was a very nice evening! They're going again in April and I already told Ron I really want to go. Hopefully I stay on this path. I'll scan in and post a couple of layouts from the crop soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment